Dough Dry Ingredients
- 280g (10.6oz) gluten free white bread flour
- 520g (17.6oz/1.1Ib) gluten free meal and grain bread mix
- 2 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Dough Wet Ingredients
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 50g (1.8oz) vegan butter
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup
- 600ml rice milk
Raspberry Jam Filling
- 535g (19oz/1.2Ib) fresh raspberries, washed
- ⅓ cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon powdered fruit pectin
Preparing raspberry jam filling:
- Place all the raspberries and agave syrup in a medium pot, bring to a boil and turn the heat to low.
- Simmer on low heat until the liquid has reduced by half and thickened slightly. About 30 minutes.
- Add in powdered fruit pectin. Stir and mix well.
- Continue to simmer on low heat, stirring frequently until the powdered fruit pectin has dissolved and the raspberry jam has thickened. Turn off the heat.
- Place the jam into a jar to cool and set. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Preparing the dough:
- Warm the rice milk in a small pot for around 2 minutes, then turn off the heat. Add in the extra virgin olive oil, vegan butter and agave syrup and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in all the dry ingredients including the yeast.
- Mix with an electric mixer using a dough hook at low speed for about 30 seconds or until ingredients are well combined. Continue on low speed, gradually pour the warm rice milk mixture into the well in the large bowl for about 2 minute. Stop mixing and then use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl. Mix on low setting for another 5 minutes or until dough is well combined.
- Scoop and place small amount of wet dough into the bottom of each cup of the lightly greased muffin pan (about 1.5cm thick).
- Then place 1 tablespoon of raspberry jam into the center of each muffin cup, gently flatten the jam slightly.
- Fill each muffin cup with the rest of wet dough until nearly the edge. (about ¾ full).
- Let the dough rise for about 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 190C/375F. Bake buns for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the buns rest for 5 minutes. Then remove and place the cooked buns on a cooling rack.
- Reheat by covering the buns with aluminium paper and bake in the oven for 5 minutes or in microwave for 40 seconds or until buns are soft.
Daphne Goh is the creator of Healthy gf Asian, a recipe and lifestyle blog for gluten-free, lactose-free Asian recipes, with informative details on the ingredients’ nutritional value, health benefits and cultural history.
SUBSCRIBE to our news letter for product updates, special offers and gluten science news